Senior Producer, Outnumbered
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
We are looking for a dynamic, hardworking, and creative Senior Producer to join the Outnumbered team. As the Senior Producer, you have the opportunity to craft and help create a top-rated daily news program. We are looking for a naturally independent leader, a proven go-getter, team player, and someone who can rise to the occasion under the stressful demands of cable news. As the Senior Producer, you should have excellent editorial judgment, can put together compelling segments and shows, and have breaking news experience.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create the show’s daily rundown with compelling content tailored to the show’s format
- Oversee execution of the show, scripts, banners, and elements
- Work closely with the news industry's top talents
- Set the editorial and production standards
- React to breaking news and ensure the right content is getting on the air as news happens
- Mentor and develop show staff including Line Producers, Writers, Bookers, APs, and Production Assistants
- Collaborate and communicate with anchors and reporters to make sure they are receiving the necessary research and elements needed to ensure the best show on a daily basis
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 8 years of newsroom experience and producing / line producing a television newscast
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills as well as the ability to create an environment that fosters teamwork
- Purposeful and skilled management of a control room
- Detail-oriented and the ability to work under pressure and meet multiple daily deadlines
- Knowledge and passion for current events and politics
- Exceptional editorial skills; the ability to recognize stories with high potential for compelling television
- Proven track record of leadership and newscast rating growth
- Experience with talent management
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Degree in Journalism or related field or equivalent work experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.