Line Producer, Fox & Friends
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
We are looking for a talented Line Producer to join the Fox & Friends team. As a Line Producer on Fox & Friends, your main responsibility each day will be translating the editorial vision for the show into an organized rundown and overseeing its live production on air. This includes building the rundown, making timing decisions, copy editing segments, and communicating directly with anchors. The Line Producer for Fox & Friends must be assertive, detail-oriented, and a natural self-starter. You should also have outstanding judgment, organizational skills, and creativity in teases and scripts. Most of all, you must be an effective communicator who can serve as the main point of contact for producers, directors, and talent/crew in the field. As the Line Producer, you can have your entire show planned, but at the very last minute, have the ability to throw out your rundown and remain calm for breaking news. The Fox & Friends Line Producer should be flexible and able to adjust on the fly in breaking news situations.
You will be offered the following shift: TUESDAY THRU SATURDAY (1 am – 11 am EST)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in editorial meetings, pitch story and segment ideas, & build and maintain the corresponding rundown throughout the week
- Manage team assignments and provide editorial guidance
- Check copy, lower thirds, etc., raise red flags early, and offer solutions
- Handle all aspects of pre-production (pre-taped segments, package approval, reporter scripts)
- Write/copy edit scripts as needed, as well as banners
- Fact check research packets for anchors
- Guide the technical crew through each element during the show
- Keep the anchor on time using clear and effective cues
- Monitor the aesthetics of the screen to make sure visuals support the conversation
- Effectively manage your own time and attention; prioritize and delegate tasks when necessary
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5+ years of prior television (or similar) experience
- Experience in a live control room
- Experience interacting with talent
- Exceptional editorial skills; ability to recognize stories and elements with high potential for compelling television
- Effective communication skills; ability to provide clarity and reassurance in high-pressure situations
- Passion for organization; ability to simplify complicated tasks under pressure
- Solid base understanding of technical skills (specifically newsroom and video editing software)
- Strong interest/knowledge of news, current events, and politics and pop culture
- Willingness to listen, learn and grow from constructive criticism
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.