Line Producer, Outnumbered
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Fox News Channel is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Line Producer with excellent communication skills to join Fox News. The Line Producer will collaborate with the Executive Producer and the Senior Producer to execute the vision for the show each day. The Line Producer must be assertive, detail-oriented, and a natural leader. You’re also an active consumer of news with impeccable judgment and good communication skills. You should be able to improvise and make smart decisions on the fly in a way that inspires the people around you to follow your lead.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Make important editorial decisions and guides talent, writers, associate producers, and the technical team in the control room
- Able to build segments and develop story ideas from beginning to air. This includes editorial discussions, video selection, and graphics elements
- Time the broadcast while keeping clear communication with the show’s 5-person panel and the technical team in the control room
- With guidance from the Executive Producer, prepare the rundown of news stories, oversee and execute the production of key video and graphic elements
- Work under intense deadline pressures
- Participate in daily editorial meetings by pitching original guests and topic ideas
- Produce and write key segments and teases
- Check scripts, banners, and graphics for grammar, appropriate style, and tone
- Handle all aspects of pre-production, including call-for elements, reporter scripts, and elements, and pre-taped segments
- Coordinate and anticipate breaking news coverage as needed
- Monitor the aesthetics of the screen to ensure that visuals support the conversation
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Must have at least 5 years of experience producing live news shows
- Editorially mature with solid knowledge of national and international news, as well as pop culture and be able to create an in-depth, visually exciting newscast
- A strong leader in the control room and be able to calmly handle breaking news situations
- Self-starter and proactive with the ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision
- Must be an effective team leader with strong people management skills
- Excellent writing skills - style, language, accuracy, organization, balance
- Ability to produce quality work quickly
- Knowledge of iNews
- Attitude - must be eager, cooperative and team-oriented
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Creative Jobs For You
Junior Designer, Brands & Licensed Art - Random House Children...
Penguin Random House, New York, NY