Booker, Fox Business Network
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
We are looking for a confident and highly motivated Booker to join our Fox Business team overseeing the production of Maria Bartiromo’s Wall Street, WSJ At Large with Gerry Baker and Barron’s Roundtable. We strive for compelling and qualified guests who are experienced in business and political realms, dependent on the top stories of the week. You bring in-depth knowledge of Wall Street and Washington D.C. and understand how the movements of both affect Main Street and average Americans. You must be persistent in pitching guests who can shed new and profound insights, as well as the ability to create and cultivate ongoing relationships with guests. You are well-read in all the major news outlets and have at least an intermediate understanding of how government and markets operate. You will also be responsible for writing and producing segments including searching for and cutting video as well as creating graphics.
Show schedules are privy to change with little to no notice, so you should be comfortable working under tight deadlines.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively communicate and understand a guest’s point of view on relative topics
- Conduct thorough research and compiling well-rounded pre-interviews
- Sift through past TV and print interviews to find relevant sound and perspective for our guests to react to
- Strategize with your colleagues on best booking approaches
- Remain tuned in to the week’s lead news stories
- Work well independently and in a team environment
- Work in a fast-paced environment where changes happen minute to minute, hour by hour
- Identify and cut video for segments including soundbites
- Create eye-catching and illustrative graphics to support segments
- Write compelling introductions and teases for segments
- Create and post engaging social media content to promote our guests and segments
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 1-2 years of experience in television
- Previous booking experience
- Previous video editing experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong editorial judgment and newsgathering skills
- A passion for current events
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where changes happen minute to minute, hour by hour
- Willingness and ability to work under tight deadline pressures while juggling long-term bookings
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- A Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Creative Jobs For You
Digital Strategist, Communications & Public Engagement
Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, Stanford, CA