Vice President, Direct To Consumer Research
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
Fox News Media is looking for a Vice President, Direct to Consumer Research, to head the research efforts and drive actionable insights focused on subscriber acquisition/marketing, programming, and product as they impact conversion funnels, content consumption, and overall platform growth. In this role, you will also be able to articulate the impact of the changing entertainment landscape and identify potential and emerging trends as the industry and consumers evolve. You will be a strategist advisor to help inform business priorities and critical decision-making. In addition, you will plan and direct all primary and secondary research related to the areas noted above. This position is located in New York City, NY – This role is being offered as a Hybrid schedule where you will be expected to be in the office a few times a week.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively develop research strategies, create action plans and timelines, assign resources, monitor projects, communicate progress, manage stakeholder & management expectations
- Design high-impact primary research studies and presentations to ensure that they support business priorities and provide added value
- Communicate effectively and persuasively to drive the business to the right conclusions
- Proactively foster business and department goals, demonstrating a commitment to fulfilling stakeholder needs and expectations and inspiring/motivating staff to deliver at a high level
- Act as a strategic advisor, effectively voicing fact-based insights and recommendations on issues relating to business goals and strategies
- Develop and present strategic, long-range research regarding the competitive landscape and the evolution of the media industry; provide practical, business-oriented, and actionable findings
- Oversee all stages of primary research including design, fieldwork, analysis, and interpretation of research studies, both qualitative and quantitative
- Perform interpretive analyses to transform data into valuable information - Develop and implement new ways to display data in a manner that is more visual and easier to understand, across all channels of communication
- Research and help predict upcoming genre trends/fads/what's hot in support of timely development and production in developing areas
- Partner closely with Fox Nation Leadership team to develop forward-looking, high-impact strategic guidance and recommendations for the organization
- Partner closely with Fox Nation on content strategy and development to ensure close alignment, particularly when it comes to content marketing/promotion
- Set and execute against a vision (small, medium, and long-term projects, both strategic and tactical) that responds to cultural and consumer trends as well as shifts in our business needs
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 10+ years of experience in market research. Knowledge of and significant experience with a breadth and depth of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, including global applications as well as domestic
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proven experience building and scaling processes to support digital products in the market
- Experience overseeing research in support of direct-to-consumer initiatives, ideally those related to subscription businesses (segmenting, targeting, acquiring, retaining, and scaling a subscriber base)
- Experience working closely with brand/marketing teams, launching and evolving consumer brands, testing multi-faceted creative campaigns, and combining insights across brand/marketing and product experience (app + content)
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels; exceptional verbal and written communication skills, as well as a working knowledge of statistics
- Ability to use a data-driven approach to problem-solving and scaling
- Experience working with first-party and third-party data sources, qualitative and quantitative research techniques, and linear and digital media data sources and measurement
- Experience with marketing attribution modeling, including modeling across online and offline marketing platforms
- Experience with data gathering, model building, calibration, cross-validation, and maximizing model accuracy for the entire funnel
- Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and the ability to react quickly, dynamically, and intelligently, while navigating a complex organization
- Comfortable in a fast-moving environment where creative paths to generating informed, time-pressured decision-making
- Strong people management, leadership, and strategy skills
- Ability to partner with internal/external stakeholders and work collaboratively in a highly matrixed organization
- A passion for the brands, a deep understanding of internet culture, and a knack for spotting and steering great storytelling in the digital space
- Ability to work under pressure without sacrificing accuracy and attention to detail; strong project management skills
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills, including the ability to break down data/information, often derived from multiple and nuanced sources, into meaningful findings and deliver recommendations that lead to informed decision-making
- Strong aptitude for building effective relationships in a fast-paced, constantly changing, and deadline-driven environment
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Previous entertainment or streaming video experience
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.