Manager, Content SEO- Editorial/Writing Experience
Fox Corporation, Remote, Work from USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
FOX Ad Sales is looking for an SEO Content Manager to join the team. As the SEO Content Manager, you will edit and optimize content to better operationalize special projects across the company. You will actively manage the on-page search elements for content published for FOX’s personal finance content partnership with Credible, while also working on separate partnerships that grow revenue. This role is commercially focused, and as SEO Content Manager, you will drive traffic and revenue to FOX partners via content production. Previous editorial SEO background and expertise are required, preferably in news/media. Interest in financial news and an eye for related financial search trends is a plus. This is a content-heavy role with a focus on pitching, editing (for clarity, grammar, etc.), and optimizing content for search and data tracking/measurement to grow successes and cut underperformers. You will also work closely with your SEO counterparts on other teams to strategize, monitor, track and update reporting and help troubleshoot and resolve any potential SEO issues.
Additional responsibilities include analyzing and strategizing around data and presenting key takeaways/findings to internal stakeholders. You should be an excellent communicator with strong prioritization skills and have the ability to manage multiple projects while interfacing cross-functionality around other initiatives as needed. You will be required to monitor performance and consistently relay your takeaways in a clear, concise, and actionable way. You should be able to work well both autonomously and as part of a larger team. This role will involve interacting and managing relationships/projects across multiple departments including, but not limited to, ad sales, editorial, SEO, product, business intelligence, finance, and legal.
This is a fully remote position.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly edit and optimize content daily, including modifying headlines, H tags, keywords, and structure of articles to best optimize for search
- Close involvement in all aspects of the content production process including, but not limited to, pitching, producing, editing, optimizing, updating, and measuring content for success
- Utilize SEO tools, such as Google Trends, Google Search Console, Screaming Frog, SEMRush, SimilarWeb, and more for keyword research, competitive analysis, optimization, and takeaways for the team
- Strategize on how to best implement SEO tactics to drive traffic to various key FOX initiatives and partnerships and present recommendations to executives
- Monitor news cycle for search trends
- Lead SEO coverage in launching new verticals and partnerships (including planning and executing)
- Interpret and monitor analytics tools (such as Adobe Analytics & Chartbeat) to track referrals to major FOX partnership priorities and identify potential gaps
- Identify and help resolve technical SEO issues and inconsistencies in real-time
- Monitor and research trends and opportunities in the digital landscape, and, based on these trends, create strategies and recommendations to grow new partnerships and strengthen existing ones
- Create evergreen content plans and editorial calendars to identify SEO opportunities around pre-planned events and seasonality
- Identify when to re-optimize and republish archived/evergreen content to maximize search referrals and improve SERP ranking
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Strong editorial background, including knowledge of AP style, competitor landscape, and media fields
- A minimum of 5 or more years of SEO experience
- Deep understanding of keyword optimization and how search trends play a role in driving referrals
- Ability to relay takeaways in a clear and concise way in order to effectively strategize
- Technical familiarity of Google algorithm changes, SERP, etc., and SEO/analytics tools
- Fundamental understanding of technical SEO optimizations and how to deploy optimized content
- Excellent communication skills and ability to make data-driven recommendations around improving SEO
- Highly analytical, ability to interpret data, recognizing inflection points and key insights
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.