Booker, The Faulkner Focus
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
The Faulkner Focus with Harris Faulkner brings the day's important news stories, with top newsmakers, and insightful analysis. The show’s priority is to introduce the audience to new faces who can offer unique perspectives on all sides of the day’s biggest stories. In addition, the team strives to find a Booker who can react to any breaking news in the legal, foreign, and political worlds. The Booker for the Faulkner Focus must be attentive in searching for guests, as well as creating and cultivating relationships. The Booker must also be well-read in the major newspapers, podcasts, political blogs, and be able to effectively navigate social media. The Booker is responsible for offering creative segment ideas and original angles on well-covered topics every day.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively communicate and understand a guest’s point of view on various topics
- Conduct thorough research and compile well-rounded pre-interviews
- Sift through past TV and print interviews to find relevant sound and perspective on guest topics
- Manage daily deadline turnarounds of a live show
- Strategize with your colleagues on the best booking approaches
- Work with Booking Unit as a whole on breaking news stories and special events
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A Bachelor’s degree and or relevant work experience
- An extensive rolodex and can book high-profile guests, celebrities, and people at the center of major news stories
- Strong editorial judgment
- Previous booking experience
- A passion for current events
- Willing and able to work under tight deadline pressures while juggling long-term bookings
- Willing to work overnight and weekends when breaking news merits
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.