News Editor (Freelance)- Strong Writing Skills
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Freelance Producer/News Editor to supervise the staff for our network radio news operations (terrestrial and Fox News Headlines 24/7 - Channel 115 on SiriusXM Radio). As the Freelance Producer/News Editor you are our editorial leader, working with news anchors to craft the content and structure of a 24/7 news operation. This is fast-moving news environment! Your ability to thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven newsroom allows you to deliver top-quality segments/newscasts. You excel at multi-tasking and pay close attention to details. Your writing and editing skills are excellent and your editorial judgment is first-rate.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Format, program, coordinate, and produce a live news program
- Produce segments and reporter hits
- Manage and keep clear communication with Reporters, Editors, Assignment desk, and Anchors
- Keep newscast updated by working on developing stories as the day progresses
- Handle staffing issues when managers are not present
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 3-5 years' experience editing all-news radio or producing live breaking news in a television control room
- Highly skilled in writing and copy editing
- Ability to handle breaking News situations
- Strong editorial judgment is a must
- Ability to interact with high profile talent
- A positive attitude and great communication skills
- Ability to work well with a team environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge of iNews, ENCO, and Adobe Audition (Cool-Edit), a major plus
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Knowledge of iNews, ENCO, and Adobe Audition (Cool-Edit)
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.