Senior Editor, Entertainment
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Fox News Digital is looking for a Senior Editor to oversee a full range of entertainment news. You will lead a small team of writers/reporters and an additional editor to create compelling content and report major events as they happen. We're looking for a team player who enjoys collaborating with others to bring stories to life on one of the world’s most-read news websites.
You will be offered one of the following shifts: Mon-Friday 2pm-10pm, or Mon-Friday 9am-5pm (EASTERN)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work quickly and efficiently to identify, write, edit and publish entertainment and celebrity content
- Publish entertainment and celebrity content to be picked up by search engines and drive traffic through social media
- Coordinate with the Home Page team to deliver a compelling presentation of major entertainment events/news as they happen
- Write, edit and publish breaking news in a high-pressure environment and make necessary calls to PR, law enforcement, and attorneys on fast-breaking stories
- Write compelling SEO-friendly headlines and present images that click across FoxNews.com
- Monitor, edit, and publish wire content as needed
- Pitch and write original entertainment and celebrity features
- Track analytics and make necessary content adjustments to be sure traffic goals are being met
- Conceive and build new, compelling long-form content, slideshows and update existing slideshows
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least five years of proven entertainment editing experience, preferably for a major outlet
- Experience using content management systems and social media tools
- Familiarity with AP style, strong knowledge of current events and politics
- Ability to be flexible with your schedule/hours and will include working on some holidays
- Possess an “on-call” mentality and be prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions
- Adept at managing a team and keeping writers/reporters and editors engaged and productive on tight deadlines
- Proven organizational ability to ensure editorial standards are upheld, demands from across company platforms are addressed, and a smooth handover is made to the next shift
- Experience and ability working across CMS platforms
- Comprehensive knowledge of today’s entertainment and celebrity landscape
- Good PR, celebrity, and Entertainment industry contacts are a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Dotdash brands help people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired.