Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
We are looking for a Sports Reporter to join the FoxNews.com team! As the Sports Reporter, you will report and aggregate stories from a wide range of sources, cover breaking, and trending news, and write SEO-type pieces. The Sports Reporter role is critical to helping FoxNews.com continue to be a must-click destination for sports content.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conceptualize and execute original reporting, including long-term projects when possible, conducting interviews (mostly by phone or email)
- Report on breaking news events that occur during the overnight hours, write quickly and precisely to help solidify Fox News as the go-to site for developing stories
- Scour national and international media for stories that resonate with FoxNews.com’s audience, aggregating with complete and proper attribution.
- Maintaining proper style and Fox News ‘voice’
- Present all stories, original, breaking, and aggregated, in an accessible, consistent, and compelling style.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 2 years' experience covering the news
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Passion for sports reporting
- Knowledge of AP style is vital, as is a clear and crisp writing style
- Must have a firm grasp of current events and a desire to be precise, quick, and accurate in presenting the news to the vast FoxNews.com audience
- Ability to work under deadlines/pressure in a fast-paced newsroom environment is crucial
- Must be willing to work closely with editors and fellow reporters, including frequent coloration on stories
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.