Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
We're looking for a passionate Booker to join a unique, creative and dynamic weekday primetime program. As the Booker, you are a proactive individual familiar with programming across all the major networks and are knowledgeable about politics, pop culture, media, and foreign and domestic news. Your responsibilities will include managing and growing a diverse list of guests from politics, media, entertainment, and publishing. As the Booker, you are a team player that can hit the ground running while working with a diverse editorial staff and technical team.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategize with team and managers on best guests and booking approaches
- Pitch story ideas and guests for both day-of and future story ideas
- Conduct pre-interviews with potential guests
- Produce segment packets and write scripts for the anchor
- Effectively communicate to host and control room staff during live shows/segments
- Work well independently and in a team environment
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Experience booking a show at a national network or local station
- Access to unique and news-making contacts; a strong rolodex is ideal
- Strong writing skills and editorial judgment a must
- Strong social media skills
- Demonstrate out of the box thinking
- Ability to deal with daily script deadline pressure
- Experience interacting with high profile talent
- Able to react to breaking news with instant programming ideas
- Knowledge of iNews preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Creative Jobs For You
Associate Professor - Broadcast Journalism
CUNY Graduate Center, 365 FIFTH AVENUE NEW YORK, NY 10016