Senior Booking Producer, Mornings with Maria
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
We are looking for a dynamic, hardworking, and creative Senior Booking Producer to join the Mornings with Maria team. The Senior Booking Producer is responsible for pitching, booking guests, conducting pre-interviews, and working closely with the producing team including the Executive Producer and host. In this role, you are the show's booking representative and are responsible for constantly upgrading the quality of bookings for live daily interviews in addition to future bookings and exclusive ‘gets’. The Senior Booking Producer is also responsible for researching and pitching unique new talent. This person must be familiar with all aspects of television production including graphics, editing, digital newsgathering, and live remote broadcasting, and love working in a collaborative environment.
The Senior Booking Producers must also be able to react quickly in breaking news situations and line up business leaders, lawmakers, and correspondents while we are live as well as when news breaks. The Senior Booking Producer should also have a strong grasp of using social media to find people involved in breaking news situations. This person must also be able to develop and cultivate and maintain new guest relationships on behalf of the program and the network. This position may require travel for breaking news bookings.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and pitch compelling segments tailored for Mornings with Maria
- Collaborate with Executive Producer and Senior Producer on the daily rundown
- Effectively communicate and understand a guest’s point of view on relative topics
- Conduct thorough research and compile well-rounded pre-interviews
- Sift through past TV and print interviews to find relevant sound and perspectives for our guests to react to
- Manage daily deadline turnarounds of a live show
- Strategize with your colleagues on the best booking approaches
- Book and help produce guest segments for special events
- Work well independently and in a team environment
- Work in a fast-paced environment where changes happen minute to minute, hour by hour
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 8 years of newsroom experience in television, including booking and producing experience
- Established rolodex in booking high-profile business guests, celebrities, and people at the center of major news stories
- Knowledge and passion for current events, key players, and issues in global affairs
- Exceptional editorial skills; the ability to recognize stories with high potential for compelling television
- Organizational skills and writing skills are essential to this position
- Must be forward-thinking and know which guests to book for future big news days
- Ability to keep show team up to speed with current/breaking news during after hours
- Willingness and ability to work under tight deadline pressures while juggling long-term bookings
- Flexibility to work overnight and weekends when breaking news merits
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.