Freelance Field Producer
Fox Corporation, Los Angeles, CA USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
FOX Business is looking for an experienced Freelance Field Producer to join our LA Bureau in Los Angeles, CA. As a Freelance Field Producer, you will be a business news junkie with dogged newsgathering skills and strong contacts that you will use to enhance the network’s newsgathering and produce exceptional journalism. You will also use your editorial skills to follow leads, break news, and pitch original stories. You are a proactive, passionate, and self-motivated individual who will be able to collaborate with our producers and reporters to advance the network’s coverage on all platforms.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce reporter live shots and packages in the LA bureau and the field
- Travel domestically and internationally to cover breaking news, often at the last minute for extended periods
- Pitch and develop original story ideas
- Assist reporters in gathering elements for television and online coverage
- Write articles to be published on FOXBusiness.com
- Handle all newsgathering logistics: book travel, book field crews
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects of production: book and conduct interviews, write scripts, order graphics, and produce live shots
- The candidate needs to demonstrate, through experience, strong communication skills to work with correspondents and photographers in the field
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 3 years experience as a reporter, writer, producer, and/or editor at a news organization.
- Extensive field production experience
- Strong communication, research, and writing skills
- Strong local contacts
- A passion for business and current events.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and prioritize daily; especially in a breaking news situation
- Production experience in breaking news and feature reporting
- Willingness to travel and work long hours, including weekends with short notice
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.