Account Manager/Sales Planner- Fox Sports/Media Experience
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Fox Sports has an amazing opportunity for an Account Manager! In this role, the Account Manager position is responsible for stewarding accounts from pitch to pay while maximizing yield across the Fox Sports portfolio and optimizing inventory utilization, in addition to acting as a liaison between clients and management. Directly supports Account Executive(s) day to day.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Optimize inventory across portfolio while maximizing yield
- Balance needs of clients with FOX initiatives, maximizing results
- Build and prepare upfront and scatter plans for one or many of the FOX portfolio of properties taking into consideration market landscape, client and category history, etc.
- Collect budgets, flighting, and competitive spending information and any other significant details (i.e., buying demo target, program mix, program restrictions, campaign theme, etc.) from clients
- Prepare and executes quarterly options. Alerts advertisers of upcoming option dates, and extracts necessary information
- Presents creative scenarios to budget cut
- Prepare and develop sales strategies and proposals
- Knowledge and understanding of Fox Sports Ad Sales portfolio audience profile
- Support Sales on sales calls with current and prospective Fox clients
- Establish relationships with Agency Contacts
- Build internal relationships amongst the various Revenue Management, Sales, Marketing, Research, and Advanced Data teams to create solutions-oriented recommendations
- Strategize and collaborate with Revenue Management to develop custom solutions for clients
- Interact with Sports Brand Partnerships to ensure timely execution of Marketing and Added Value elements
- Manage Account Associate and their responsibilities (e.g., program formats, preempts, oversells, flighting, deal stewardship)
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in sales marketing, entertainment/media marketing, or advertising
- A demonstrated ability to manage marketing strategies from inception to completion
- Must have a strong understanding of the media sales industry
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong negotiating skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Organizational and project coordination skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- A demonstrated ability to multitask and work effectively under daily time constraints in a high-pressure environment
- Solid understanding of research and data opportunities at Fox and its competitors
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.