Director, FBN Booking
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
We are looking for a passionate, creative, and proactive Director of Booking to join Fox Business in New York. In this role, you will work with all of the show producers and news desk on guest bookings and exclusive ‘gets’. You will be the point person for identifying and developing new talent for the network. The Director of Booking will also be the point person for recruiting and developing researchers and bookers across all shows on Fox Business.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify top tier guests, cultivate relationships and work with the shows to get the guests booked
- Work closely with producers, talent, & management to ensure we stay on top of the latest news, with relevant guests
- Build a stable of reliable guests to have ready during breaking news to share across all shows
- Conduct pre-interviews and in-depth research on a range of topics
- Pitch stories and guests daily
- Monitor the latest news and locate people, images, and sound editorial information via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Dataminr, YouTube, and other platforms
- Identify, recruit and develop researchers and bookers for all of the shows
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- An extensive list of contacts, and the ability to find and book high-profile guests
- Strong editorial judgment including knowledge of business news, current events, politics, and entertainment
- Proven leadership skills and experience managing teams
- Experience recruiting and developing staff
- Proven track record of identifying new talent
- Willingness and ability to work under tight deadline pressures while juggling long-term bookings
- Flexibility with your hours, as breaking news or major events warrant
- 5-8 years of experience in television
- A bachelor's degree is preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.