Deputy Managing Editor, Homepage & Social Media
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
The Fox News Digital team is looking for a highly experienced Homepage & Social Media Deputy Managing Editor with years of experience covering news and social media at the national level. You will oversee and manage a large team to showcase exclusive and original content and news across multiple platforms using editorial judgment, creativity, and analytics to inform, intrigue, and impact the largest audience possible.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee Homepage & Social Media coverage on foxnews.com & foxbusiness.com and on their respective social media platforms
- Manage a team of Senior Editors, Editors, Associate Editors, and Production Assistants in a 24/7 news environment
- Assist the Homepage & Social Media Managing Editor with editorial direction and breaking news while helping to mentor/manage team members
- Collaborate closely with Managing Editors and other leaders across all verticals on Fox News Digital
- Monitor website and social media traffic and analytics to maximize page views, unique users, and social media interactions
- Manage daily/weekly scheduling of team members
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Minimum of seven years of experience managing a team in a senior management capacity
- Skilled at being precise, quick, and accurate with a clear and crisp writing style and impeccable copy-editing skills
- Excellent track record of achieving results in a fast-paced work environment
- Detailed knowledge of domestic & international news, U.S. and world politics, business, media, sports, lifestyle, and popular culture trends
- A high level of experience in managing and mentoring team members
- Ability to work in deadline-driven conditions and work under pressure in a fast-paced newsroom environment
- Ability to be extremely flexible, work on holidays as needed, and always “on-call” mentality and be prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions
- Experience in closely monitoring and driving audience growth
- Track record of working with internal partners, across a large enterprise
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to see the bigger picture and prioritize across multiple platforms
- Ability to quickly and independently problem solve
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Stellar judgment and news-gathering skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, multitasking capabilities & attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills and a collaborative, team-oriented approach
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.