Integrated Account Executive, Sports and Entertainment
Fox Corporation, Chicago, IL USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
The FOX Chicago office has an exciting opportunity for an Integrated Account Executive with an understanding of Sports Marketing and the Entertainment Marketplace, and cross-platform experience in linear, digital, social, and branded content sales.
The Integrated Account Executive will be responsible for growing existing business and developing new business. In this role, you will be expected to identify key business decision-makers on your account list and establish meaningful relationships with all levels within the advertising agency and directly with the client. The Integrated Account Executive will be responsible for developing targeted sales presentations, making sales calls to decision-makers and effectively increasing our share of budgets. Once a deal is closed, the Integrated Account Executive will also be expected to oversee follow-up and account stewardship until the deal is complete to ensure the schedule runs correctly and delivers successfully. The Account Executive must be able to develop an action plan with marketing solutions tailored to each account.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare for and schedule frequent sales calls with existing and new business targets, including agency buyers, planners, and client marketing and media executives as part of the sales process
- Identify new budget opportunities using data-driven and branded content offerings
- Grow revenue from accounts and successfully close new business
- Negotiate media buys that encompass all properties
- Generate sales revenues that strategically utilize all available assets
- Maintain and steward all aspects of existing business by communicating with the buyers and planners and sales assistants on the team
- Ensure that the schedule runs correctly and maintain positive relationships with client(s) to encourage repeat business
- Develop customized sales presentations to meet the needs of the clients based upon extensive research of clients’ business needs and priorities
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 4+ years of selling experience at a media company and/or network, plus a strong overall knowledge of the sports marketplace and media industry
- Experience in selling marketing partnerships with linear, digital and branded content
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and have a strong sense of accountability
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and maintain business relationships
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong organizational and project management skills and possess the ability to multitask in a high-pressure environment
- Must be a team player and stay dedicated to achieving results for the good of the organization
- Must have the ability to travel within assigned Midwest territories and make daily visits to customers in the Chicago area
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.