Writer - Outkick
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
OutKick is a leading national media platform that produces and distributes engaging content at the intersection of sports, pop culture, and politics. OutKick content and contributors, which are accessible on OutKick.com as well as across video livestreams, social media, podcasts, and radio, reach tens of millions of fans each month. Originally founded by Clay Travis, OutKick is a FOX Corporation company. For more information, please visit www.OutKick.com.
Outkick.com is looking for experienced writers and reporters to join our team. You have experience in journalism with an eye for breaking and compelling sports and culture stories to serve the Outkick.com audience. You “live and breathe” sports, news, and pop culture stories. You consume content from a wide variety of sources and are constantly thinking of how to advance and give new twists to compelling stories. You are able to write and produce several stories efficiently on a daily basis. You are familiar with Outkick.com and feel your style and sensibilities fit well with what makes Outkick.com unique in the sports media landscape.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cover sports, sports culture, and pop culture stories. Writing quickly, precisely, creatively, and edgy to help solidify and grow Outkick.com as a destination website for the American Sports fan
- Identify and source national and international sports media stories that resonate with Outkick.com’s audience, aggregating with complete and proper attribution
- Pursue original and exclusive stories through close contact with sources
- Present all stories, original, breaking, and aggregated, in an accessible, consistent, and compelling style
- Collaborate closely with editors and fellow writers and reporters
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Minimum of two years of experience covering and writing in a news/sports news environment
- Very strong writing skills
- Possess a firm grasp of current events and a desire to be precise, quick, and accurate in presenting stories to the enthusiastic Outkick.com audience
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and work under pressure despite this being a role where you will be working remotely
- Ability to be flexible and work early or late shifts which may include some weekend days and holidays as needed; possess an “on-call” mentality and be prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.