Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
FOX News Media is looking for a Senior Publicist to join the Media Relations Team. As a Senior Publicist, you are a strategic thinker who understands how communication shapes the world of media. This role is the perfect opportunity to experience all aspects of public relations in a fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative environment.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Secure prominent placements for all key platforms for FOX News Media
- Assist in the development and execution of press strategies surrounding programming, talent, digital & streaming initiatives, and product launches
- Assist with crisis communication management
- Handle all network breaking news reports and newsmakers, disseminating news highlights to top media outlets
- Manage press surrounding linear ratings
- Cultivate strong relationships with media
- Conduct media analysis across traditional and social media platforms
- Interact with professional associates and all levels of management
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications
- 3 years of experience in the media relations/public relations industry
- Experience in crisis communications
- Strong interest in media, business, politics, and current events
- Excellent writing skills
- Results-oriented approach with the ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong research and project management skills
- Knowledge of the latest industry trends and competitive news landscape
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Reliable and trustworthy nature with the ability to handle high levels of confidential information
- Positive attitude and team player mentality
- Ability to work nights and weekends as the job requires
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.