Account Executive, Entertainment Ad Sales
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Fox Corporation is seeking an Account Executive, Entertainment Ad Sales who will be an exceptional addition to our New York City-based Sales team. In this role, the Account Executive will be responsible for driving multi-media revenue for FOX Entertainment. To do so, the Account Executive will grow an existing business where appropriate, focus on new business development, and secure marketing partnerships for our Entertainment properties to position the value of our Entertainment linear and digital properties to clients. This person will be expected to identify key business decision-makers on all accounts and establish meaningful relationships with all levels at the agency as well as with clients. The Account Executive will be responsible for developing targeted sales presentations, making sales calls to decision-makers, developing an action plan for each account, and providing white-glove service to our top-tier customer accounts. Once a deal is closed, the Account Executive will also be expected to oversee follow-up and account stewardship until the deal is complete to ensure the schedule runs correctly and delivers successfully.
The right person for this role thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced collaborative environment, wants an opportunity to make a significant impact, is dedicated to achieving results for the good of the organization. and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges. If you are someone who meets this description, then this is a great role for you!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare for and schedule frequent sales calls to existing and new business targets
- Develop relationships with agency buyers, planners, and client marketing & media executives through client entertainment, lunches, dinners
- Grow revenue from key target accounts and successfully close new business
- Generate sales revenues that strategically utilizes all available Entertainment assets
- Maintain and steward all aspects of existing business through effective communication with Buyers and Planners as well as Sales Assistants and Account Managers on the team
- Ensure that media schedules run correctly and maintain positive relationships with client(s) to encourage repeat business
- Develop customized sales presentations to meet the needs of clients based upon extensive research of clients’ business needs, KPI’s, and priorities
- Make recommendations on the negotiation of media plans with agencies
- Responsible for supervision of Account Managers and Account Associates on the team
- Contribute to a positive culture of inclusion
- Make recommendations on developing ideas to better monetize properties
- Make recommendations on maximizing the revenue of account lists
- Weekly sales call reports to track progress
- Provide written and/or verbal news updates to clients
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5+ years of selling experience at a media company and or network, plus a strong overall knowledge of the media industry
- Professional written/verbal communication skills, both internally and externally with customers
- Ability to be a self-starter, work self-sufficiently, and be accountable for all assigned accounts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently in a high-pressure environment, as is the ability to be a team player
- Ability to make daily visits to customers in the New York City area as well as travel outside of NYC area to where clients are located
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.