Fox Corporation, Remote, Work from USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise, and strategic thinking.
Fox Corporation is seeking a Writer who will join the Strategic Initiatives/Business Development team to help grow the content partnership with Credible, a consumer finance marketplace. In this role, the Writer will write multiple articles on personal finance and business news, monitoring the news cycle for story pitches, analyzing metrics and other KPIs. The Writer should be a master multitasker who can work effectively, efficiently, and quickly while managing multiple assignments. The Writer should have excellent writing skills, experience in implementing SEO tactics, and a background in journalism or another related field. This is a fully remote position.
*TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST ATTACH A LINK TO YOUR ONLINE WRITING PORTFOLIO*
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write daily news/evergreen stories tied to the business/personal finance news cycle
- Research and pitch new content based on historical performance, the news cycle, and other revenue-generation measures. Monitor the business news cycle for potential content ideas/opportunities to grow the partnership
- Use analytic platforms to understand real-time and historical data and trends to better inform decision-making and pitches
- Explore and pursue ways to grow the partnership via content coverage
- Build, edit and maintain Google docs for project organization.
- Edit, monitor, and update content placement on the Fox News and Fox Business homepages
- Run reports/provide data analysis and insight into the performance of select articles, verticals, and the partnership overall
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 3 years’ worth of digital experience (preferably in journalism or marketing/advertising), including SEO strategies
- Experience covering business news or consumer/personal finance topics
- Writing/editing background
- Ability to write clean, concise, accurate copy on a tight deadline, multiple times daily
- Ability to multitask
- Understanding of the digital landscape; forward-thinking mentality
- Highly analytical, ability to interpret data, recognize inflection points and key insights
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of basic analytics platforms (Chartbeat, Omniture)
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.