Freelance Editor, Fox News Digital
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
We are looking for a Freelance Editor to be a part of a groundbreaking online news team for Foxnews.com and FoxBusiness.com! You will copy-edit articles written by reporters, responding quickly and precisely to help Fox News Digital break news and cover developing events. You work to ensure the digital news desk produces content that is accurate, fresh, and compelling.
You will be offered the following: Monday thru Fridays, 2pm to 10pm ET
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Edit stories with speed and precision, conforming to AP style
- Assist senior editors to ensure that breaking news alerts are sent out quickly and developing stories are updated continuously and accurately
- Monitor wires, social media, and internal emails for breaking news and updates to developing stories
- Multitask on tight deadlines in high-pressure environment
- Prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5+ years of Newsroom experience, preferably in a digital breaking news environment
- Experience with metrics platforms like Chartbeat and Omniture
- Prior CMS experience
- Excellent knowledge of SEO
- Ability to write and edit quickly on deadline
- Ability to work in both breaking news and long-term planning deadlines is a must, some holidays required
- Ability/flexibility to work mornings as required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A positive and collaborative attitude
- Must be self-starter with a strong news judgment and be a team player willing to jump in when needed in breaking news situations
- Proven capability to be creative and think ‘outside the box’
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- A Bachelor's or equivalent experience
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.