Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
FoxNews.com is seeking a Politics Reporter to write and produce search-friendly politics content, and trending stories surrounding hot topics spanning the presidential campaign trail, Congress, the Trump administration, state/local politics, and more. As the Politics Reporter, you should be able to juggle numerous assignments and tasks, keeping pace with a frenetic news cycle. As the Politics Reporter, your focus will be writing explainer stories on political topics. This is an exciting opportunity to exemplify your passion for politics!
You will be offered the following shift: TUESDAYS THRU SATURDAYS (12:00-8:00 pm)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Remain read-in on politics
- Conduct interviews (mostly by phone or email)
- Report on breaking news events that occur, writing quickly and precisely to help solidify Fox News as the go-to site for developing stories
- Scour national and international media for stories that resonate with FoxNews.com’s audience, aggregating with complete and proper attribution.
- Present all stories, original, breaking, and aggregated, in an accessible, consistent, and compelling style.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Passion for politics and current events
- At least 2 years' reporting experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Must have a firm grasp of current events and a desire to be precise, quick, and accurate in presenting the news to the vast FoxNews.com audience
- Ability to work on deadlines and under pressure in a fast-paced newsroom environment is crucial
- Must be willing to work closely with editors and fellow reporters, including frequent coloration on stories
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.