Administrative Assistant- Fox Weather
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
FOX Weather is looking for a highly organized, motivated, and experienced Administrative Assistant to provide support to the President, FOX Weather & COO, FOX Television Stations (FTS) News, and Operations. This is a unique opportunity to work on a start-up team within a historic company. We are looking for a solution-oriented and proactive individual that has excellent attention to detail. The ideal candidate is able to communicate effectively between all management levels and across all departments at FOX. You are a passionate, driven team player that cannot wait to be part of a dynamic organization! A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected, so you must be excellent at prioritization, organization, and multitasking, relying on their experience and judgment to manage the executive office administrative responsibilities and additional projects as required.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be an active partner with the President & COO to help her manage projects in a timely and effective manner
- Display excellent attention to detail across all responsibilities
- Answer, direct, and follow up on all outreach to the executive office, including phone calls, emails, mail, and ad hoc updates
- Handle sensitive information confidentially and professionally
- Anticipate business/executive needs that will support a seamless, professional, and high-functioning executive environment
- Prioritize conflicting needs and handle urgent matters expeditiously
- Proactively follow through on projects to successful completion
- Research, prioritize and follow up on incoming issues and concerns
- Manage an active calendar of appointments, updating promptly as changes occur
- Organize and maintain a robust contact directory
- Organize calls, meetings and ensure responsibilities are communicated and understood by all involved
- Handle all aspects of business travel and engagements, including but not limited to booking, providing and updating travel agendas, and processing expenses
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, forms, and presentations
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports and presentations
- Build and maintain filing and tracking systems to organize significant amounts of information
- Provide general support to executive office visitors
- Ensure operation of executive systems and equipment through completion of preventive maintenance requirements and seeing repairs through to completion
- Interface professionally with company executives and leaders as required
- Help facilitate special events and executive presentations
- Support and pitch ideas that will increase the effectiveness and efficiency of daily operations
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A bachelor's degree and 1+ years of relevant work experience conducting administrative functions
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally, in writing, and in person, ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner
- Ability to handle confidential information with the utmost professionalism
- Ability to interact with high-level executives
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook
- Results-oriented mindset and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to anticipate needs and preferences
- Ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Familiarity with a variety of the media/communication industry's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Exemplary time management skills with the ability to prioritize large workloads
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in fast-paced environments
- Flexible professional who takes direction with ease
- Ability to interact well with all levels of management, internally and externally
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Quick learner and active listener
- Flexibility to adjust workdays to accommodate business needs, special events, and other business positives functions
- Positive ''Can Do'' approach
- A strong interest in weather is a plus
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.