Sr Analyst, Pricing and Planning/Media Experience
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Senior Analyst of Pricing & Planning is responsible for managing the Pricing & Planning deal maintenance queue. The Senior Analyst, Pricing and Planning will confirm deal inventory has been cleared and will work closely with the sales planners and sales assistants to meet client goals while balancing internal network objectives. The Senior Analyst, Pricing and Planning will also develop reports from Fox’s proprietary sales system, reworking them in Excel and distributing them as indicated.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processing of all change notice requests from the ad sales team.
- Placement of all inventory for clients while balancing internal network objectives
- Producing and/or assisting in the production of analytical reports (e.g. CPM analysis, Remainder Analysis, and Inventory Utilization Reports)
- Preparing analytical reports used by senior management and P&P to analyze network revenue/targets
- Access standard reports from the system (e.g. Network Stewardship Reports)
- Work with the Manager of Pricing & Planning to reconcile programming grids/ sales schedules entered in Ad Sales system and to resolve any resulting inventory conflicts/re-expression
- Ensure that the setup and verification of the programming lineup is published in the rate card for sales and direction on re-expression ensures inventory is placed in available programs
- Participate in ensuring accurate and timely processing of program schedules in appropriate systems
- Provide current information on available inventory to assist sales pricing, packaging, and sales programs development
- Develop and maintain information databases that assist the sales function
- Articulate status of current inventory and provide available-to-sell reports
- Assist sales team in identifying over- and under-sold inventory and suggest reallocations
- Develop models for prospective advertising products or packages.
- Communicate sales strategy to planners/assistants
- Special projects as needed
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 1-2 years of related experience
- Strong communication skills are required, both written and verbal
- Practical mathematical skills
- Excel proficiency
- Must have critical thinking skills, analytical ability, strong follow-through, and attention to detail
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with ad sales systems
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.