Senior Manager, Strategy
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
FOX News Digital seeks a Senior Manager, Strategy, to join our team. This role covers the broad range of consequential and dynamic strategic issues impacting Digital’s business.
FOX News Digital, which includes FoxNews.com and FoxBusiness.com, is a news, analysis, and opinion platform, and a key part of FOX News Media. In 2021, FOX News Digital averaged over 86 million unique audience members per month, and was #1 among competitors in multiplatform minutes.
The Senior Manager, Strategy, will have significant responsibility, playing an integral role as we analyze and address critical decisions to maximize Digital’s key performance indicators (KPIs), revenue, and support the broader FOX Corporation, which includes the FOX News Channel and FOX Nation.
The ideal applicant has a passion for digital news and an excellent track record in a top-tier management consulting firm, or in a corporate strategy or finance position. In this role, you will be a leader in the Strategy and Operations team, reporting to the Managing Editor, Head of Strategy and Editorial Operations. You will work with other Managing Editors, members of their teams, the Senior Manager for Digital Operations, as well as other partners and stakeholders across FOX News Media and FOX Corporation. You will also have frequent exposure to Digital’s Editor in Chief. Finally, the Senior Manager, Strategy, will have the opportunity to grow with the Digital enterprise, and contribute more broadly to the success of FOX News Media and the FOX Corporation.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the Managing Editor, Head of Strategy and Editorial Operations, to develop and implement FOX News Digital’s strategy, including identifying and addressing new growth opportunities, markets, partnership opportunities, and competitive and disruptive threats
- Anticipate, identify, and address trends and opportunities affecting the Digital business and broader media, technology, and operating environment
- Perform research and analyze data (in coordination with Business Intelligence), develop insights and options, build recommendations, prioritize initiatives, and produce presentations for the leadership team, all aimed at informing and shaping strategic decisions, enabling Digital to meet or exceed its KPIs, and maintaining and building competitive advantages
- Assess opportunities and challenges pertaining to Digital’s current business portfolio
- Evaluate business models and develop business cases
- Segment, identify, and analyze audience member and stakeholder preferences. Conduct audience and content analysis and market research
- Develop and maintain competitor analyses, benchmarking, and competitive intelligence
- Advance Digital’s marketing efforts, in close coordination with internal leaders and stakeholders, including in Marketing and Business Intelligence
- Assess and recommend technology improvements, in partnership with the Product team.
- Work closely with Business Intelligence, Business Development, Product, Marketing, Finance, and other internal stakeholders to understand, articulate, address, and get in front of our dynamic operating environment
- Collaborate with FOX Corporation strategists and other colleagues on enterprise opportunities
- In coordination with the Senior Manager for Digital Operations, work with the Managing Editor, Head of Strategy and Editorial Operations, to advance Digital’s performance and improve Digital’s cost position
- Other projects and duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a strategy focused role, ideally at a top-tier management consulting firm, or in a corporate strategy or finance position
- Media experience preferred but not required
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative skills (including financial modeling and analysis), and a track record of achieving results in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience interpreting metrics, and proven ability to see the bigger picture and prioritize across multiple workstreams, while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Ability to develop business cases and analyses of alternatives and conduct market research
- Experience navigating a complex organization and working effectively and collaboratively, at strategic and tactical levels, with a wide range of stakeholders of varying seniority
- Ability to quickly and independently problem solve and communicate early
- Ability to independently drive projects from strategy formulation to execution
- On-call, can-do, entrepreneurial, and audience-first mentality to work in a demanding and dynamic environment; a team-oriented approach is also a must
- Proven ability to see the bigger picture and prioritize across multiple work streams in a fast-paced environment; exceptional organizational skills, multitasking capabilities, and attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and market/audience research skills; proficient in working with data to develop quantitative insights and track and report on key metrics
- Understanding of audience dynamics and segmentation
- Superb oral, written, and presentation skills
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
FIRST is a growth agency with a boutique feel.
Creative Jobs For You
Persuasion Research & Campaigns Manager
The Environmental Defense Fund, This position can be based remotely within the contiguous...