Deputy Managing Editor, Photography and Videography
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
The FOX News Digital team is looking for a highly experienced Deputy Managing Editor, Photography and Video, with superb editorial judgment to join our team. You will lead FOX News Digital’s overall photo strategy and provide training and coaching to the Editorial team on the state of the art and best practices.
In this role, you possess the expertise to organize and manage our universe of photos to which we have access, both internally and externally. Your experience will enable you to make sound decisions about which agencies and independent photographers to engage, and which photos to purchase and publish that drive our KPIs.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Managing Editor, News and US, Editorial leaders, and staff across the FOX News Digital operation to lead on developing and executing photo strategies around current newsworthy events
- Recruiting, assigning, and coordinating the execution of external teams of photographers and videographers across our verticals including entertainment, politics, and sports
- Apply your artistic judgment and discretion about which agencies and photographers to engage, and which photos to purchase and publish
- Leads group-wide efforts to create budget estimates, expedite contracts and manage invoices from photographers, agencies, and vendors in a timely manner
- Manages our day-to-day relationship with photo agencies, including contracting and billing
- Manage the FOX News Digital universe of photos to which we have access, both internally and externally
- Ensure image variety, quality, and brand alignment
- Monitor the news, social media platforms, and competitors to be aware of, and stay ahead of the competitive landscape
- Collaborate closely with FOX News Channel and other FOX News Media colleagues on photo and video opportunities that drive our KPIs
- Provides training and coaching to the Editorial team on the state of the art and best practices
- Multitask on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Minimum 15 years of photo editor experience with a digital media platform
- A proven track record in the digital news industry to recruiting, assigning, and leading teams of external photographers and videographers
- An extensive network of photographer and videographer contacts with specialties in entertainment, news, and sports in various parts of the country
- Industry contacts that will provide sightings and movements to people of high interest in politics, entertainment, and sports, and refer to photographers and videographers in each region
- Must have excellent photo editorial judgment in news, entertainment, sports, politics, and other key verticals
- Excellent organizational skills and confidence working on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Proven research skills, including newsgathering and social media tools
- Possess a keen eye for engaging content and understand the global photo marketplace
- Strong image editing skills: selection, optimization, cropping, image sizing, batch processing, and color correction.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Proactive, excellent communicator, and a team player
- Willingness to work some early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Passion for visual storytelling to the FOX News Digital audience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.