Associate Producer, Outnumbered
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
We are looking for a creative, thorough, and hardworking Associate Producer to join Outnumbered. As an Associate Producer, you will be responsible for selecting/building video and graphic elements in a team environment. You’re well versed in politics, culture, and current events — and innately curious about everything else. You are a talented writer and excellent researcher who sees value in discovering unique elements to stories. As an Associate Producer, you will also work under tight deadlines and breaking news situations. You have a positive attitude and a team player.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for ordering the graphics and/or video for reporter hits, guest segments, intros, and teases for daytime news shows and entering them into the rundown
- Work with the graphics PAs to ensure elements are spellchecked and editorially/factually correct
- Communicate with editors and PAs regarding video and soundbites to ensure they are cut properly both editorially and technically
- Understand the stories and all the nuances to stack appropriate videos for segments
- Select elements such as sound, video clips, and graphics to help tell a story
- Make elements on the fly in a live control room environment and make last-minute changes and updates
- Work closely with producers and writers to ensure their vision is properly executed
- Make the editorial decision on which full screens should be lined into guest segments based on the topic(s)
- Make suggestions to improve images better whenever possible
- Conduct in-depth research
- Additional responsibilities based on your unique talents/abilities
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 3+ years of prior television (or similar) experience
- Strong knowledge of news, politics, and current events; familiarity with popular influencers, commentators, and opinion-makers
- Ability to identify and produce compelling video and graphics
- Ability to work with others under intense deadline pressure
- Ability to work independently and make educated decisions independently
- Willingness to listen, learn and grow from constructive criticism
- You find the best part of a story and make it matter to a national audience
- You are creative and think ‘outside the box’
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.