Director, Business Development- Strategy/Consulting Experience
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
The Growth Team is a critical group that is focused on scaling FOX's Digital and Advanced TV business and supporting new initiatives that contribute to growth. The growing importance of digital, partnerships, and advanced TV in FOX's business model makes this a critical role for the ad sales organization and one that is focused on driving change and identifying significant growth opportunities.
The Director, Business Development and Strategy, Growth Initiatives will be responsible for contributing to FOX Corp Ad Sales’ short and long-term growth plan by executing commercial agreements, managing day-to-day partnerships, and identifying opportunities across the media ecosystem. The Director, Business Development and Strategy, Growth Initiatives will have projects that include: supplementary programmatic advertising products (“header-bidding”), identity adoption for cookie/IFA deprecation, and distribution expansion for Fox News Media products/services.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify, initiate, and lead deals/partnerships for Digital and Advanced TV growth initiatives
- Rapidly assess opportunities and build metrics-driven business cases for (or against) new business lines, products, and partnerships
- Deep understanding of the advertising technology landscape and ensure agreements/partnerships are built to support business goals and objectives
- Support the development and execution of M&A activities related to advertising sales
- Create presentations for clear and simple executive communications
- Contribute to the development of the overall annual strategic and financial plans for Digital and Advanced TV sales
- Drive monetization of new offerings by assisting with the commercialization strategy, operationalizing wing-to-wing processes for new initiatives, and measuring outcomes
- Act as an internal consultant by aligning various teams on unified goals
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5+ years previous relevant work experience; this could include professional services (e.g., consulting, investment banking) or media experience at a large network/publisher
- Familiar with AWS, Snowflake service offerings is highly preferred
- Proven quantitative analytical abilities, including Excel modeling skills
- Strong PowerPoint skills and proven proficiency in summarizing information/analyses into coherent and concise slides
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; the ability to present results of complex analyses clearly
- Excellent organizational, time, and people management skills and the ability to work in groups and independently
- Strong technical abilities to hold your own in debates with technical architects and engineers
- Good understanding of the media marketplace and technology trends
- Proven ability to deliver on commitments
- Ability to lead and work autonomously
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Creative thinker who thrives on solving challenging problems with analytical thinking skills
- Excited to work with data, comfortable working with large datasets, creating entity relationships, and using data to relay stories
- Must possess a passion for media and strong intellectual curiosity
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Experience with programmatic exchange systems (SSPs, Open Bidding, oRTB, etc.)
- Experience with various digital platforms such as Adobe Analytics, Operative One, Google DoubleClick, Freewheel, Prebid, APS, etc.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.