SENIOR PRODUCER, THE FIVE
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Fox News Channel is looking for a sharp, strong, hardworking, and creative Senior Producer to help oversee The Five – the number one show on cable news. As the Senior Producer, you must have impeccable editorial skills and a strong vision for the show. You are someone who has original ideas but can also work in a collaborative editorial environment. You must be a natural leader who can communicate clearly with five co-hosts and rally a team behind you in high-pressure situations. You are someone who loves making great television and knows how to have fun. The Senior Producer should have a wide range of editorial interests from news and politics to pop culture and everything else in between.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set impeccable editorial standards and help build the show’s rundown with original content and the best sound
- Communicate clearly with five co-hosts about show topics
- Help oversee segment producers, approve and improve research packets and soundbites
- Approve and edit scripts, banners, and full screens
- Participate in daily team meetings to develop show content
- Help lead in the control room while monitoring/reacting to breaking news
- Manage and develop Line Producers, Segment Producers and Production Assistants
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- At least 4 years of Line Producing (or similar) experience
- Ability to manage strong personalities, including talent
- Exceptional editorial skills; ability to recognize stories with high potential for compelling television
- Strong writing skills
- Understanding of audience analytics and strategies for ratings growth
- Strong interest/knowledge of current events, politics, and lifestyle
- Passion for storytelling with a strong creative drive; willingness to take risks
- Willingness to listen, learn and grow from constructive criticism
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.