Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
FOX Weather is a weather service that provides critical information through cutting-edge products, a go-to for audiences who seek trusted weather news and voices. A cross-divisional initiative built upon FOX’s expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather provides audiences with engaging, enriched, customized weather content and information on all platforms.
Fox Weather has a great opportunity for an Associate Producer! As the Associate Producer, you are responsible for pitching stories, compiling research, coordinating video and graphic elements, and working hands-on with our on-air meteorologists. The Associate Producer will need strong writing and production skills to produce informative and compelling content. The Associate Producer will help support the team in breaking weather, including sourcing the best user-generated content. You love the idea of being part of a launch team, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment. This position reports to the Head of Programming.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pitch stories on a daily basis, with topics ranging from the most important breaking weather news to features on weather-related stories of interest
- Produce and write segments for FOX Weather programming
- Find the best sound bites, videos, and graphics to build the most informative and compelling segments
- Write banners, cut videos, and on occasion, book guests all while quickly responding to breaking weather news
- Identify strong user-generated content from multiple sources, ensuring the best elements are incorporated into FOX Weather coverage
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 2 years of news or segment-producing experience
- Must have a passion for covering weather and its impact on people’s lives
- Experience in a live control room
- Experience writing/producing segments
- Ability to meet quick deadlines and react to breaking news
- Social media savviness
- Strong communication skills to work collaboratively with team members
- Must be willing and available to work all shifts
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- A Bachelor’s degree or related experience
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.