REPORTER, NEWS DESK
Fox Corporation, USA Remote
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Fox News Digital is looking for an experienced Reporter to join our team. You are a seasoned journalist with years of experience in a major newsroom with vast experience in coverage. You have a wide range of sources that will enable you to break news and dig in on original and exclusive reporting.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conceptualize and execute original reporting, including long-term projects when possible, conducting interviews (mostly by phone or email) for stories that resonate with Fox News Digital’s audience
- Maintain a strong personal database of sources to generate exclusives
- Reporting on breaking news events when needed
- Present all stories in an accessible, consistent, and compelling style
- Collaborate closely with editors and fellow reporters
- Multitask on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Minimum of four years of experience covering the news and newsroom experience
- Knowledge of AP and Fox News Digital style is vital, as is clear and crisp writing
- Possess a firm grasp of current events and a desire to be precise, quick, and accurate in presenting the news to the vast Fox News Digital audience
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, deadline-driven newsroom environment
- Ability to be flexible and work on some holidays as needed; possess an “on-call” mentality and be prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.