ASSOCIATE PRODUCER, FOX NEWS EDGE
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Fox News EDGE serves nearly 180 newsrooms, providing content that is a cornerstone of local newscasts on FOX television stations across the country. Fox News EDGE is looking for a creative, organized, motivated, curious individual with strong editorial and writing skills to fill an Associate Producer position at the EDGE New York headquarters. The Associate Producer will pitch and write stories, edit VOs and VOSOTSs for distribution and field requests from EDGE client newsrooms. The Associate Producer can expect opportunities for occasional package producing and/or field producing. A natural curiosity of news is a must.
You will be offered the following shift: 1pm to 10pm ET Monday - Friday
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Finds elements, logs events, identify news developments, and writes scripts
- Works closely with Fox affiliates to facilitate requests and answer questions on daily news stories
- Is read-in and familiar with daily developments on stories from politics and breaking news to entertainment
- Monitors wires, social media, and other broadcast networks for news developments
- Pitches story ideas
- Works with editors to make sure EDGE delivers visually compelling stories.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience in a local or national newsroom
- Must be flexible with your schedule to work nights, overnights and weekends as necessary
- Strong editorial skills with knowledge of national and international politics
- Strong writing skills with a focus on accuracy and proper grammar.
- Keen understanding of how to set up interviews and gather news
- Being a self-starter who can work independently, as well as a team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations
- Familiarity with iNews, Outlook a plus
- Understanding of general media usage rules and best practices.
- An unwavering commitment to providing editorially, visually, and grammatically sound news stories
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.