Senior Booking Producer, Sunday Morning Futures with Maria Bartiromo
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
We are looking for a dynamic, hardworking, and creative Senior Booking Producer to join one of America’s highest-rated weekend morning programs, Sunday Morning Futures with Maria Bartiromo. The Senior Booking Producer will be responsible for pitching, booking guests, conducting pre-interviews, and working closely with the producing team including the Executive Producer and host. The Senior Booking Producer must be familiar with all aspects of television production including graphics, editing, digital newsgathering, and live remote broadcasting, and love working in a team environment.
The Senior Booking Producer can react quickly in breaking news situations and line up business leaders and lawmakers while the show is live, as well as when news breaks. The Senior Booking Producer should also have a strong grasp of using social media to find people involved in breaking news situations. You must also be able to develop, cultivate, and maintain new guest relationships on behalf of the program and the network. This position may require travel for breaking news bookings, interviews, and remote shoots.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pitch compelling segments tailored for Sunday Morning Futures
- Collaborate with Executive Producer and Senior Producer on the weekly rundown
- Compile well-rounded pre-interviews
- Manage daily deadline turnarounds of a live show
- Strategize with your colleagues on the best booking approaches
- Book and help produce guest segments for special events
- Work well independently and in a team environment
- Work in a fast-paced environment where changes happen minute to minute, hour by hour
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 8 years of newsroom experience in television, including booking and producing experience
- Established rolodex in booking guests and people at the center of major news stories
- Knowledge and passion for current events, key players, and issues in global affairs
- Exceptional editorial skills; the ability to recognize stories with high potential for compelling television
- Organizational skills and writing skills
- Must be forward-thinking, decisive, and know which guests to book for the future
- Ability to keep show team up to speed with current/breaking news during after hours
- Willingness and ability to work under tight deadline pressures while juggling long-term bookings
- Flexibility to work overtime when breaking news merits
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Recruit like an expert, or let an expert recruit for you.