Booker, The Claman Countdown
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
We are looking for a confident, highly-motivated, proactive Booker to join our team. As a Booker for The Claman Countdown, you will be responsible for securing interviews with high-profile CEOs, politicians, and newsmakers. You perform your best under deadlines, but can also book during off-hours, and know what it takes to find the unique guests that you won’t see on other shows. You must have excellent people skills and understand the importance of building and maintaining relationships with potential guests. You thrive in a collaborative team environment and want to contribute to something great every single day. You are capable of putting together segment research, satellite bookings, and transportation. Script-writing experience is a plus.
SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pitch unique and interesting stories that our viewers will relate to
- Conduct research, write scripts, and compile well-rounded pre-interviews
- Manage daily deadline turnarounds of a live-show
- Strategize with your colleagues on the best booking approaches
- Coordinate closely with your showrunner and talent to book the right guests
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- An extensive rolodex and can book everyone from high-profile guests, celebrities, and people at the center of major news stories
- Ability to work off hours remotely as needed to be competitive in your bookings
- A bachelor’s degree and or relevant work experience
- Previous booking experience
- 3 years of experience in television
- Strong editorial judgment and a passion for news and current events
- Willing and able to work under tight deadline pressures while juggling long-term bookings
- Good talent management skills
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Researching using Lexis Nexus, Accurint, iNEWS
- Finding people via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Reddit
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.