Line Producer (Freelance)
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
We are looking for a Freelance Line Producer to join the FOX Weather team!
FOX Weather is a weather service that provides critical information through cutting-edge products, a go-to for audiences who seek trusted weather news and voices. A cross-divisional initiative built upon FOX’s expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather provides audiences with engaging, enriched, customized weather content and information on all platforms.
As a Freelance Line Producer, you have the opportunity to help craft FOX Weather programming. The Freelance Line Producer will strategically work in partnership with our show team leadership and on-air meteorologists to create the most compelling content for the FOX Weather audience. We are looking for a natural leader, a proven go-getter, and someone who can rise to the occasion under stressful demands covering critical weather news. You have excellent judgment and make smart decisions in real-time. This position reports to an Executive Producer.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pitch stories on a daily basis, with topics ranging from the most important breaking weather news to features on weather-related stories of interest
- Time the show in the control room and communicate effectively with on-air meteorologists, reporters, guests in the field, other team members, and the director to ensure the newscast runs as smoothly as possible
- Must flawlessly pivot during breaking weather news to work in real-time with other show team members and newsgathering resources to provide critical coverage for the audience
- Responsible for story placement, teases, graphics, writing, and all other production elements
- Play a key part in short and long-term content planning
- Help mentor and train new staff members
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 5 years of production experience, including 2-3 years of line producing and relevant control room experience
- Ability to work under pressure, be decisive, detail-oriented, and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills to work collaboratively with team members
- Must be available and willing to work all shifts
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Must have a passion for weather
- Experience working with Ross Automation
- Experience working in weather and weather forecasting systems
- Degree in Journalism or related field
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
FIRST is a growth agency with a boutique feel.