Senior Producer, America's Newsroom
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
“America’s Newsroom” is looking for a proven leader to help oversee fast-paced news coverage on one of the most dynamic and hardworking teams in the country. As the Senior Producer, you will help oversee the planning and execution of our highly rated daytime news program. You should have excellent editorial judgment, managerial skills and breaking news experience. An understanding of DC politics and interest in general news is required. You’ll have an important voice in assigning reporters and booking compelling guest segments. You should be forward-thinking and know how to plan news events and react to breaking news.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in editorial decisions for content for the show - day of and future
- Set the editorial and production standards and provide leadership in the newsroom
- Manage, mentor and collaborate with show staff, including bookers, line producers, writers, AP’s, and PA’s
- Look ahead and help to plan coverage
- React to breaking news and ensure the right content is getting on the air as news happens
- Cooperate and communicate with anchors and producing team to make sure they are receiving the necessary research and elements
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 6 years of newsroom experience and producing / line producing a television newscast
- Experience overseeing teams of writers, AP’s, assignment editors and producers
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for current events and politics
- Proven track record of leadership and newscast rating growth
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills as well as the ability to create an environment that fosters teamwork
- Decisive and skilled management of a control room
- Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for compelling television
- Detail-oriented and able to work under pressure and meet multiple daily deadlines
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.