Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Fox News is looking for a Broadcast Production Engineer to be responsible in providing support and maintenance to our large infrastructure of media and broadcast systems, in a 24/7 live news environment. As part of the Production Engineering team within the Broadcast and Media Technology group, you will work with multiple engineering teams, in addition to the IT group and helpdesk, broadcast production and technical operations personnel, and network operations group. You have a passion for broadcast engineering/IT and are comfortable with current media technologies, concepts, and emerging trends (i.e. Media over IP, Cloud Computing, etc.).
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support infrastructure for on-air broadcast production systems
- Studio Operations including video walls, video processing systems, and cameras
- Live Control Room production systems and subsystems
- Infrastructure systems including routers, intercom, monitoring, KVM, audio suites, and other live production-related gear
- Respond to, communicate, manage, and track technical issues as they arise in a live 24/7 production environment
- Perform maintenance of subsystems including software and hardware updates, modifications and replacements as warranted
- Implement and maintain process standards for deployment, and develop support documentation for operations personnel as needed
- Be part of a team that works hands-on with the latest generation of production systems and technologies
- Participate in a support rotation and provide remote support as warranted
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering, computer science or equivalent major, and/or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of broadcast production and live television experience
- Experience with file-based workflows and knowledge of enterprise Media Asset Management systems (e.g. Dalet)
- Experience with Linux variants including Red Hat, CentOS, and Ubuntu
- Experience in the use of manual and electric mechanical tools
- Versed in SMPTE standards for broadcast television and video production environments. Examples include ST 292M, ST 424M, ST 2110, ST 2059, IEE1588, ST 2022-7, SCTE-104, etc.
- Strong technical ability to troubleshoot and repair broadcast equipment including routers, switchers, audio boards, signal processors, video scalers, playback systems, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot audio/video signals in traditional SDI and IP ST 2110 essence flow routing environments
- Understanding of studio and set technologies including video walls, cameras, VR set technologies, image processing systems, touch screens, and lighting
- Knowledge of multi-viewer systems and their interfaces to tally and UMD data
- Fundamental understanding of production control automation (e.g. Ross Overdrive) and Newsroom Computer System (NRCS) workflows
- Working knowledge of MS Windows workstation and server platforms
- Basic knowledge of AWS Infrastructures including S3/Glacier storage and cloud compute (EC2) services
- Demonstrated working knowledge of IT / networking theory, topology, and best practices
- Ability to troubleshoot and replace computer hardware components and proprietary broadcast equipment
- Ability to interpret technical documentation standards including AutoCAD, Visio, and Lucid Charts
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, work independently and as part of a team in a collaborative manner
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of a live production environment, including overtime as required
- Ability to remove, lift and replace equipment in racks as warranted
- Strong skills in the areas of root cause analysis, organization, and escalation to subject matter experts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to frame issues clearly
- Strong desire to learn, cross-train, and a passion to maintain current knowledge of relevant and emerging technologies
- Strong team environment with a diversity of knowledge and technologies
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.