Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
We are looking for a highly experienced Political Editor to join our Fox News Digital team. As a Political Editor, you will work across all sections of FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com and actively engage with Managing Editors, Senior Editors, and Reporters to leverage your extensive Rolodex of sources and contacts for newsgathering and story idea generation. You are determined to break news, book exclusive interviews and analyses, and drive the conversation for the Fox News Digital platforms.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Managing Editor, Politics; other Managing Editors; Senior Editors and Editors, as well reporters and other colleagues across the Fox News Digital operation, on newsgathering, idea generation, and story advancement for Politics & News
- Provide insights on story angles, exclusive interviews, and original content, and book contacts for stories and interviews directly when necessary
- Collaborate closely with Managing Editor, Politics, and other Editorial leaders on short term and long term Editorial projects and series
- Develop interesting Political story angles and ideas for content on Digital platforms
- Engage with Politics & News desk on advancement of stories through new interviews
- Lead trainings and create best practices for Editorial team on booking, acquiring sources, and story advancement
- Write and edit content when necessary in tight deadline situations to help deliver the best quality product
- Multitask on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Monitor the news, social media platforms, and online forums for the latest breaking news and trending items
- Collaborate closely with FOX News Channel and other FOX News Media colleagues
- Additional duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Minimum of ten years of experience with, and extensive knowledge, of the political and news environment
- Extensive Rolodex of contacts and sources to bring to the Digital team for original and exclusive reporting
- Experience in managing and mentoring team members, and a track record of collaboration with internal leaders and stakeholders
- Familiar with politics issues, players, and events; robust source networks and contacts generally
- Excellent editorial judgment and extensive knowledge of news and current events, politics, cultural and viral content
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and work under pressure in a fast-paced newsroom environment
- Ability to be flexible and work on some holidays as needed; possess “on-call” mentality and be prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions
- Excellent track record of achieving results in a fast-paced work environment
- Organization skills that allow multiple projects to be produced simultaneously
- A positive and collaborative attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to see the bigger picture and prioritize across multiple workstreams
- Ability to quickly and independently problem solve and communicate early
- Understanding of audience dynamics and segmentation
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Creative Jobs For You
Distinguished Journalist in Residence
New York University Faculty of Arts and Science, New York, NY USA