Director, Portfolio Strategy and Solutions, Ad Sales Marketing
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
FOX Ad Sales Marketing has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Portfolio Strategy & Solutions, Ad Sales Marketing to work with FOX Linear and Digital Sales and Partnerships teams in the development of marketing strategy and communication plans for our FOX Portfolio ad sales efforts. The Director of Portfolio Strategy & Solutions, Ad Sales Marketing will work closely with sales leadership and sales support functions (finance, research & insights, planning, etc.) to help build a narrative using macro trends (economy, politics) and industry factors (seasonality, consumption changes).
The Director of Portfolio Strategy and Solutions, Ad Sales Marketing will insights and analytics best practices to support sales in formulating client-centric strategies and storytelling narratives, with strong writing skills. The Director of Portfolio Strategy and Solutions, Ad Sales Marketing is proactive, ambitious, eager to learn, and continually strives to evolve and refine data-driven strategies. In addition to supporting the team on deliverables, the candidate will help evangelize the work throughout the organization, proactively meeting with sales teams to understand how to best support their needs.
The Director will manage at least one senior manager and will report to the VP of Portfolio Strategy & Solutions, Ad Sales Marketing.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with Ad Sales research to identify storytelling opportunities as part of an overarching communications plan
- Develop high-level cross-platform sales materials that weave data and insights into compelling, coherent Sales narrative(s)
- Work collaboratively across the FOX Portfolio to support strategic projects to drive Ad Sales growth including:
- Marketing Strategy: Synthesize brand advertiser client direction, sales strategy, cultural/market trends, and consumer insights
- Communication: Cultivate relationships, gain trust and respect, and facilitate efficient, transparent communication with internal cross-functional partners
- Provide business leaders across our Portfolio with analysis, market intelligence, and presentation support as needed as an input to business planning
- Provide prospective sector outlook to inform overall Marketplace Modeling efforts among the organization
- Help contextualize macro trends (e.g. political, economic, cultural) into how they may impact clients or their industries
- Assist in providing insight for revenue management cycles to support overall themes behind budgets/forecasts
- Work with Sales leadership to develop and manage the Ad Sales Marketing efforts for our FOX Portfolio products (One FOX, FOX Next, etc).
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 6+ years of experience in either strategy, media, research, consulting, sales or a combination of the above
- Ideal candidates ideally will have a background in a Media Planning/Buying agency and/or experience working in a TV and/or Digital Sales organization in developing holistic solutions that generate revenue and ROI for brands.
- Exceptional, results-driven, and focused individual, with the ability to employ quantitative analysis to develop a coherent high-level narrative
- Strong organizational skills – ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent writing skills including presentation development
- Outstanding reading comprehension skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to define value propositions and champion the voice of sales
- High levels of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Curiosity and desire to dive into complex concepts
- Passionate for storytelling through data
- Self-starter who can perform independently and proactively while working in a collaborative team environment
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Experience in media, advertising, and sales
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.