Associate Editor, Outkick
Fox Corporation, Remote, Work from USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
OutKick Media is looking for an Associate Editor to join our OutKick.com team. You have previously worked on a desk or with a team of reporters and editors in a digital or print news or sports organization. You will work closely with the OutKick.com head of content as well as Senior Editors and be responsible for helping to shape editorial coverage by assigning stories, editing, and taking in pitches from reporters and OutKick.com talent. You have excellent copy-editing skills. You also understand the OutKick.com brand and ethos and are eager to deliver stories and angles that are original, unique, and authentic for the OutKick.com readers.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work directly with the Outkick.com editorial team on stories and angles to leverage OutKick.com angles
- Know the news cycle to ensure OutKick is covering all pertinent news for our audience
- Support and Sr. Editors in the management and daily editorial of the site
- Copy-edit and fact-check stories before they publish
- Write & report when necessary
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 4 years of experience in news, TV, or digital
- Experience using content management systems
- A strong interest and knowledge in sports, pop culture, culture, and news
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong SEO and social media skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability/flexibility to work mornings, evenings, or weekends as required; possess an “on-call” mentality and be prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions
- Excellent news judgment
- A desire to beat the competition and win in every metric
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Prior experience with digital analytics (Chartbeat, Google Analytics, etc.) to monitor and build traffic
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.