Associate Editor, Flash
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Fox News Digital is looking for an Associate Editor, Flash to join our team. You are well-versed in media, politics, and pop culture and have a clear understanding of the Fox brand and audience. You must be able to identify editorial angles that will drive conversations around the news of the day as well as bigger-picture issues. In this role, you will multitask between cutting videos & writing articles in close collaboration with Senior Editors and the Flash team.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor news and come up with editorial angles to pursue FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com
- Cover Fox platforms - including Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, Fox Nation, Fox Radio, and more – as well as other media for stories and montages
- Cut video from shows for use in articles or the homepages of FoxNews.com and FoxBusiness.com
- Write and/or copyedit scripts, headlines, and copy; gather elements and coordinate production with technical staff
- Assign and edit pieces when directed by a Senior Editor
- Handle team requests for video or written content when directed by a Senior Editor
- Proven organizational ability to ensure editorial standards are upheld, demands from across company platforms are addressed and smooth handover is made to the next shift
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 2 years of experience in news, TV, or daily video
- Experience with digital analytics to monitor and build traffic
- Familiarity with AP style, strong knowledge of current events and politics
- Strong SEO and social media skills
- Strong communication skills
- A self-starter with strong news judgment for a digital audience
- Ability to pivot between breaking news stories and in-depth projects with longer deadlines
- Ability/flexibility to work mornings, evenings, or weekends as required due to demands of the breaking news industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Experience using content management systems and video editing systems is a plus
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Creative Jobs For You
Senior Strategy Analyst, Digital and Business Development/Mgmt...
Fox Corporation, Los Angeles, CA USA