Writer, Fox & Friends First
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
We are looking for a motivated Writer to join the # 1 National Cable Morning Show, Fox & Friends, and Fox & Friends First. As the Writer, you’ll write compelling and conversational copy to pull viewers in on a wide variety of topics. The Writer's grammar and news judgment should be solid with a clear comprehension of current events.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write VOs, VO/SOTs under deadline pressure
- Research and craft stories in a way that resonates with our viewers
- Create graphics and edit video via your desktop
- Communicate critical story information with managers
- Pitch story ideas
- Craft bold banners that stand out
- Scour social media for elements or information that the competitors missed
- Work with White House correspondents and other reporters to write hits and gather the best elements
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 1 year of writing and/or television experience
- Exceptional scriptwriting skills, news judgment, and grammar
- Flexibility to work overnight hours
- Thorough knowledge of current events, US politics, geopolitics, foreign policy, and history
- Ability to work harder & faster during breaking news without compromising accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field is study is preferred, or equivalent experience
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.