Director, Publicity/Entertainment Experience
Fox Corporation, Los Angeles, CA USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
FOX Entertainment is looking for a new Publicity Director to lead and oversee high-profile scripted and/or unscripted series for the network and streamer as well as manage publicity initiatives for various series.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work on day-to-day press for various series including booking talk show appearances, print and online interviews, photo shoots, set visits, affiliate satellite tours, press junkets, cast appearances, screenings, New York/Los Angeles press trips, affiliate tours, as well as series experiential activations, among other projects
- Represent publicity across different departments including Social Media, Content Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, Design, Digital and Programming serving as a campaign leader for the launches of and maintenance of FOX series and movies
- Oversee creative copy and design of launch kits, additional press kits, invitations and special mailers
- Assist in the planning of show-specific parties, screenings, press conferences, TCA sessions, festivals and episodic milestone events
- On a day-to-day basis position pitches, books and coordinates print and online interviews, talk show appearances, photo shoots, set visits, affiliate satellite tours, press junkets, new media initiatives and other press-related functions
- Plan and execute New York and Los Angeles press tours and appearances, multi-city press tours and various major market affiliate events
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 6 years of show publicity experience
- Television network, studio, streaming service, or agency experience leading and project managing TV show publicity campaigns
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and organizational skills with the ability to work as a team player and an independent contributor in an environment where multi-tasking is key
- Management and strategic planning experience and the ability to operate independently; be a team player while demonstrating leadership and good decision-making skills
- Creative thinker who ideates with proven ability to implement comprehensive publicity campaigns for all types of TV series including scripted, unscripted, animation, event, single-camera and/or multi-camera series
- Ability to work well with different levels of management, as well as with talent, managers, producers, publicists, agents, and studio executives.
- Strong writing skills to prepare show synopsis, talent biographies, releases, pitch letters, media alerts, episodic log lines and itineraries
- Bring strong relationships with press outlets (electronic, print, online, talk show bookers, podcast and new media, etc.)
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.