Fox Corporation, Remote, Work from USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
We are seeking a talented Data Analyst to join the team to support digital analytics across Fox News Media, with a heavy focus on News & Business content engagement. Analysis will be concentrated on article, video, social and podcast production, consumption and marketing across platforms. The Data Analyst will focus on deriving insights and producing analyses for key business stakeholders to make more informed decisions.
This position will require critical thinking to help drive strategic decision-making through detailed analysis, insights and reporting on key performance indicators (KPIs) to accelerate audience and profit growth. Accuracy must be held to the highest standard. The position will require data querying, modeling and problem-solving. Analysts must be able to translate data into visual presentations for varying levels of data literacy. The Data Analyst will work alongside operational and tactical team members, as well as report to major executives regularly.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and develop reporting to inform the Fox News Media team of engagement patterns, platform usage, content production and user behavior
- Provide custom studies into the impact News & Business content has on consumption to help inform decisions for future feature development
- Support with daily monitoring of digital performance, pulling out key trends and anomalies that allow the team to hone in on untapped opportunities or mitigate risk as they build out plans
- Create funnel analyses to evaluate various tactics and marketing efforts
- Mine large datasets and surface actionable insights, trends and audience learnings
- Lead customer cohort initiative to segment users to generate a deeper understanding of audience behavior and marketing tactics and build personas
- Perform a wide range of ad-hoc analytics studies to identify recommendations for the programming, sales, marketing, content, and product teams supporting Fox News Media
- Develop analyses to monitor performance against competitors in the News & Business industries
- Help structure A/B and multivariate tests, ensuring the structure and tracking methodology are sound to produce meaningful insights and success measurements
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 1+ year experience in digital performance analytics, with expertise developed in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient knowledge of database applications such as Amazon Redshift and programming languages (SQL, Python) and experience joining across large data sets
- Exper3rd-party & 3rd party data such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, AppsFlyer, Optimizely,etc.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel functions, formulas, VLOOKUP function and pivot tables is required
- Experience with data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau preferred)
- Understanding of AB / Multivariate (MVT) Testing approach from hypothesis generation through data gathering and conclusions
- Communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work across multiple groups and levels in an organization
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude with an entrepreneurial spirit
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Degree in Business Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Business, or Computer Science
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $82,000.00-103,000.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY. $68,300.00-85,800.00 annually for Colorado. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.