Executive Director, Digital Product Development & Strategy- TMZ (R50020662)
Fox Corporation, Los Angeles, CA USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
TMZ is seeking an Executive Director, Digital Product Development & Strategy, who will have an influential, leadership role in the company’s growth into a global media company. This role will work cross-functionally within TMZ and across key departments at FOX. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Head of Revenue and Strategy, this role will interact regularly with TMZ’s senior leadership team and editorial, marketing, operations, advertising, engineering, and accounting stakeholders. In addition to having responsibility for the vision for TMZ’s portfolio of digital products, the Executive Director will also have oversight of the company’s business intelligence and analytics, reporting, and business development functions. Additionally, this role will play an important role in evaluating and optimizing key drivers of digital revenue and recommending new revenue opportunities. This is not a Technical/Engineering role.
TMZ, acquired by Fox Entertainment in 2021, breaks the biggest stories in entertainment as only it can—with accuracy, irreverent humor and youthful energy. TMZ connects with the public across its broadcast and digital platforms by providing a fresh, unvarnished, and honest take on celebrities and their real lives. TMZ is the first national television show to launch as an extension of a successful website and now has multiple sites and shows, including TMZ Sports and TMZ Live. In addition to TV and Web, TMZ has an additional way for fans to interact with the franchise — “The TMZ Celebrity Tour.” It’s a show on wheels! The TMZ brand is the most trusted, the most talked about, and the highest quality entertainment news outlet in the world. As the company embarks on its next chapter of growth, recent successes in producing documentaries and specials will be a catalyst to extend the reach, deepen the engagement, and broaden the portfolio of TMZ’s original content. As the company embarks on its next chapter of growth, recent successes in producing documentaries and specials will be a catalyst to extend the reach, deepen the engagement, and broaden the portfolio of TMZ’s original content.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with theHead of Revenue & Strategy to develop new growth opportunities for TMZ’s digital products and execute various revenue initiatives
- Optimize current suite of products (web, apps, other) against desired goals
- Translate FOX goals and TMZ’s vision and North Star into discrete actions and deliverables across new and existing products and initiatives
- Product Development – establish a vision, define measurable objectives, and prioritize effort, while driving deliverables and alignment with the Engineering team and other key stakeholders
- Ad Sales / Operations / Technology Support – collaborate with sales, operations, and technology teams to optimize revenue and provide a best-in-class user experience
- Reporting and Analytics – maintain reports and synthesize data, information, metrics to obtain a pulse on revenue drivers, consumption, efficacy of creative and marketing campaigns, and overall business needs
- Business Development – originate and manage relationships with key vendors and distribution and partners
- Strategy – identify trends in media, digital products, and technology and conducti analyses to assess market and competitive landscapes and bases of competition
- Management – establish vision for the digital organization, leading quarterly business reviews, and developing group budgets and mid-range forecasts
- Oversee digital media team that comprises product management, business intelligence and analytics, and content operations
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 10+ years of work experience, including experience in programmatic and digital (display and video) advertising and online media
- Degree in technology, engineering, or business domains, MBA preferred
- Demonstrated competency in online advertising dynamics, trends, and technologies
- Strong leadership skills to manage departments and relationships
- Exceptional strategic and critical thinking skills
- Highly motivated and capable of working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills and effective in interactions with C-suite executives and external partners
- Strong analytical / Excel skills, including the ability to spot trends in large data sets
TMZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.