True Crime Podcast Producer
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
FOX News Audio is looking for a True Crime Podcast Producer to be part of the fast-paced and growing FOX News Podcast Network. The True Crime Producer will develop ideas, pitch stories, and work with FOX talent in crafting weekly podcasts and longform series. The True Crime Producer will also direct bookings, edit shows, and work with production teams to create high-quality content every day. In addition to their production duties, they will also lead true crime creative on social media posts and digital website write-ups to promote the product and platform.
In order to be considered, you must attach a writing sample.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Format, program, coordinate, and produce podcast programming
- Produce podcast segments start to finish, along with coordinating reporter, talent live remotes, and recordings
- Work side by side with FOX anchors, reporters, and contributors
- Keep content updated by working on developing stories as the day progresses
- Create content to populate our social media pages
- Copy edit scripts for social media show descriptions and podcast introductions
- Fact check copy, QC audio quality, and ensure the final products meet editorial & CMS requirements
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5+ years’ experience editing or producing all-news, true crime or podcast programming
- Communicate with internal teams in strategies to maximize audience and engagement, along with the creation of new weekly & daily content.
- Highly skilled in writing and copy editing as you will be the editorial and technical lead on a multi-genre podcast portfolio
- Strong digital journalism skills and social media experience
- Ability to make the right decisions during breaking news situations as well as during routine shifts
- Follow and research true crime stories for pitching and development
- Create working relations with other departments within the FOX News Media portfolio
- Ability to interact with high profile talent
- Avid news and true crime consumer with prior journalism experience, preferably in an audio newsroom
- Meet aggressive deadlines
- Strong communication skills, excellent teamwork, and team-building skills
- Creative and “out of the box” thinking
- Work in a 24/7 news operation, we require flexibility in scheduling, including the ability to work nights, overnights, weekends, and early mornings
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Knowledge of iNews, Social Platforms and Adobe Audition or comparable audio editing software
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $73,000.00-98,000.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers.