Field Producer, Fox Business Network
Fox Corporation, Washington, DC USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Fox Business is looking for a creative, motivated, and curious individual to join its D.C. Bureau as a Field Producer. FBN’s D.C. bureau covers the White House, Capitol Hill, Federal Reserve, and Treasury extensively, and reporter teams also travel in the field nationally and internationally. Strong editorial and logistical skills are a must, as the Field Producer will be responsible for working with reporters to newsgather, pitch stories, set-up and conduct interviews, build graphics, write scripts, attend pressers and other events, and deliver compelling and informative live shots and taped pieces. You must be willing to ask the tough questions, get the latest elements into a story, and move content forward in a face-paced atmosphere. Aggressively seeking out additional information and pitching stories daily is critical to success in this position.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with reporters to coordinate all aspects of the production of assignments including booking, writing, graphics, and supervising the editing process
- Actively pitch and develop stories with unique angles that are on brand for FOX Business
- Producing both taped segments and live shots
- Developing and working sources on Capitol Hill, in the White House, and within government agencies to break exclusive news, advance news of the day, and enterprise unique stories
- Gather editorial information and video material
- Organize and execute all aspects of the field production process, including large scale projects
- Arrange travel, hire crews, book studios and means of transmission, as necessary
- Collaborate with the FBN News Desk and show teams on segments
- Watch and/or attend briefings, hearings, news conferences, speeches
- Monitor wires, social media and other broadcast networks for news developments
- Conduct interviews on camera and over the phone
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Five years experience in a major television news organization
- Experience and interest in covering business, economic, and political news
- Knowledge of the DC area, Capitol Hill, White House, and inner workings of various DC government agencies/branches
- Experience with producing news liveshots both in house and in the field
- Keen understanding of how to set-up interviews and gather news
- Being a self-starter who can work independently, as well as a team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations
- Must be flexible with your schedule, willing to travel, and work both weekdays and weekends
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Creative Jobs For You
Anchor Production Assistant, MSNBC on Peacock - The Mehdi Hasa...
NBCUniversal, LLC, Washington DC, US