Line Producer, The Story with Martha MacCallum
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Story with Martha MacCallum is seeking an experienced and dedicated Line Producer with proficient control room skills to lead a daily television production. The ideal candidate will be confident, exceptionally detail-oriented, a natural self-starter, and able to lead under pressure while maintaining composure. They will be someone who rises to the top as a decision-maker and navigator in high-pressure environments and have excellent communication skills.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Archive and build the rundown each day, including slugging all necessary elements for segment producers
- Coordinate reporters for live hits and provide them with updates on editorial & timing updates throughout the day
- Handle all aspects of pre-taped segments – from scheduling control room and crew to overseeing edit
- Mine all live events throughout the day for obscure, hidden-gem elements that add to the quality & uniqueness of segments
- Build lower thirds that succinctly tell the story of the segment
- Coordinate incoming live remotes during the show
- Monitor the aesthetics of the screen to make sure visuals support the conversation
- Adjust the rundown quickly to adapt to breaking news
- Ability to time the show, even on the fly – when breaks or segments are lost due to breaking news
- Convey clear communication with the anchor
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 6+ years of proven live television news experience, including line & segment producing for broadcast television
- Ability to time the show on the fly during live, breaking coverage
- Clear and concise communication skills with the anchor during a live broadcast
- Ability to meet deadlines and be decisive in high-pressure settings
- Exceptional editorial skills
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $92,000.00-123,000.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.