Associate Editor, News Desk
Fox Corporation, Remote, Work from USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Fox News Digital is looking for an Associate Editor to join our team leading breaking news coverage for FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com. As the Associate Editor, you will be responsible for directing editorial coverage by assigning stories, editing, and approving pitches across all verticals. Your team is responsible for covering a full range of breaking news from US/Crime, political, and business coverage. The Associate Editor is fluent in AP style, has the ability to bring copy to life, and understands our dynamic audience. You will be expected to turn sharp, fast stories, headlines, and captions in high-pressure, breaking news situations. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have previous experience in news & political journalism.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work directly with Deputy Managing Editors and Editors on newsgathering for your team of editors and reporters
- Assign stories for day-to-day news coverage, as well as longterm planning when necessary
- Approve and reject pitches that touch all content verticals on the news desk
- Work quickly in breaking news situations to help our news team be fast and precise
- Write and report when necessary
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of experience in news: digital or TV
- Prior management experience preferred: overseeing a team of reporters & editors
- Prior experience with digital analytics (Chartbeat, Adobe Analytics etc.) to monitor, build traffic is required
- Experience using content management systems
- Knowledge of AP style, exceptional knowledge of current events & politics
- Proven organizational ability to ensure editorial standards are upheld, demands from across company platforms are addressed and smooth handover is made to next shift
- Strong SEO and social media skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to pivot between breaking news stories and in-depth projects with longer deadlines
- Ability/flexibility to possess an “on-call” mentality and be prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions
- A self-starter with excellent news judgment for a digital audience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $59,500.00-74,500.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.